Quote Typography


Pre-Production

Before even opening Illustrator, I knew that I wanted to use quotes that were between 4-8 words. All of my work in graphics this year has fit to a simple/cleanish style, so I wanted to continue following that. I thought that my using shorter quotes, I wouldn't feel pressured to crowd the screen with lots of text and different fonts. Because of this project, I got the chance to download a ton of new fonts for future projects. Although according to my neighbor, they all looked the same and I agree! Most of my font choices were brush lettering or clean-cut sans serif.

Production

This project came pretty easily to me. I've arranged fonts before, so this part of the process was the one of the quicker steps. I didn't like arranging them in black in white because when putting them all together, I couldn't overlap without it being unreadable. It made the process more difficult, but once I was able to put those drafts into color I was able to move much faster. With color, I was able to experiment with all of the quotes and with help from my friends in class, I decided on my final colors. 






Post-Production

Overall, I liked how this assignment turned out. My favorites definitely had to be the "see good.." and "find the.." quotes because I think their color schemes and font arrangements really worked well together. I would go back and change the other two because I don't think I did my best on those, they seem a bit boring and could use another appealing factor. This assignment really helped me realize that I wanted to go into graphics next year after confusion between choosing entertainment or graphic design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sidewalk Chalk Activity

First Semester of Junior Year Graphic Design Reflection

Music Video