First Semester of Video Production

First Semester of Video Production

         We started off this semester with about two weeks of learning about the cameras, shots, and tips about lighting and audio. Although they weren't very fun, I did learn more about the cameras and just how much coloring can affect your video. Our first assignment was to create a video about procedures at ONW. I had a creative group so we were able to think of an idea quickly, and a form of showcasing it without making it too boring. We did our video about how students shouldn't eat on the carpet. I really liked this assignment because we were able to make a fun video about a topic we would've eventually gotten lectured over during class. This assignment made the videos that eComm makes about procedures every year seem like a cool opportunity.

        
         Our ONW Now News Story was over the fall play, And Then There Were None. My group easily decided on a video topic because half of our group had connections. We got all of our footage the day we were assigned the project and began editing the next day. Everything that I had learned throughout the semester was put into this assignment and it's probably my favorite that I did. I used color correcting a TON of times while editing this video. I also had to work with the audio, and adding the lower thirds to make it seem like a real ONW Now story. 

         This semester, I think I've been doing decent with time management. I did slip up a bit with the 1 in 2000 video, but I always came in during lunch to work on it and get it done as soon as possible. I used any extra time that I had while working on these project to enhance the lighting and take a second glance at everything, making sure there were no errors. 

        I've learned that I do my best work behind the camera, directing. I think I liked the first project so much because I was assigned as director and I was able to manage everything as well as decide on what looked best for the video. For the ONW Now project, I think I would consider myself as director. I managed my teammates and set due dates. I also enjoyed editing too, and I was able to teach others how to fix coloring and other things I had learned in Premiere. I could improve in time management, because sometimes I focus too much on the details that only I notice.  

       My favorite part about this semester was definitely the pre-production and filming processes. I like the aspect of planning everything out and seeing it happen. As I've said before, I would change my time management process, which can definitely be fixed next semester. Throughout the semester, I've learned more about the cameras, how to film convergence stories, and premiere pro. I don't think that convergence is for me after spending a few months on it, but I did enjoy it. After hearing about our projects for next semester, I'm excited to come back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sidewalk Chalk Activity

First Semester of Junior Year Graphic Design Reflection

Music Video