Written News Story

"Olathe Northwest Student Uses Dance to Display Individuality

Olathe Northwest sophomore Ella Hiebert has a talent that sets her apart from many other students: dance. Ella’s mother placed her into dance classes when she was younger, and she has continued to pursue her passion of dance ever since. Ella continues to follow a path in dance because she can see herself having a career in the field. Hiebert conveys,“I think it would be really interesting...if I could be a professional dancer, and then go to college and do physical therapy or something in that field.” Now, she can be found practicing up to 20 hours a week at American Dance Center. The majority of her style consists of ballet, she is also able to demonstrate her talents in modern and contemporary dance. Ella shows promise and excitement about her skill in dance, and is eager to share with others."

First, I had to take into consideration my previous assignments. It was between Ella Hiebert and Diversity at ONW, so I ended up choosing Ella because I worked on her project longer and I felt like I had more knowledge about her topic. I had to go back at watch her video again to refresh my memory about her interview. I used the inverted pyramid by putting how she got into dance in the first place and how she plans on continuing dance in the future. The less important information for this story was her specific types, so I placed them toward the bottom of the story. I incorporated her quotes into the career section of the story, because I found it as the most interesting part of her interview and wanted readers to hear her thoughts.

I liked actually being able to interview someone and write a story about it. It's different from English class where we were given a prompt. I think I definitely do need to work on the sentence flow of the story. It seemed very choppy to me as I was writing it. I did like how I used the quote though, I found it as the most interesting part of the story. For this next project that I am currently working on, I have been thinking about a news story as I'm editing it, and it's probably my favorite project I've worked on so far.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Semester of Video Production

First Semester of Junior Year Graphic Design Reflection

High School Movie Trailer