The Wizard of Oz Poster
Filler Image
Contrast-
The contrast is what the viewer first sees in an image, and once I got started on this assignment, I knew the title had to be the main focal point of the poster. I had first decided on using the same font as "Olathe Northwest Theatre Presents," but felt that it didn't stand out enough. It took awhile to find a font that I actually liked, but I finally decided on "Phosphate." After completing the title, I changed the color to white, as it stood out the most compared to black, yellow, and green, which were my color scheme choices for the project. Once I was done with the colors and text, I finished the contrast with the transparent image of the main characters placed behind the title on the yellow brick road to draw attention.
Alignment-
The majority of my alignment is either right or left aligned. The fact that I changed it all came down to how I was designing the poster. Nothing could go over the yellow brick road except for the title and transparent image, so it was a bit of a challenge when it came to aligning the other necessary information. I started out with left alignment at the top, which then flowed into right alignment with the dates and times, alongside the contact information. Lastly, all of the needed copy right laws were located at the bottom in left alignment so that the show doesn't get sued.
Repetition-
The repetition on this poster was the font and the overall design of the poster. I stuck to the theme, which was to never touch the brick road, throughout the project. The font "Orator Std Medium" was used for the information the viewer needs to know. "Avenir Next Condensed" was used on all of the copyright information.
Proximity-
All of the proximity is very basic in this project. I clumped the information that needed to go together, for example, all of the contact information is together so that the reader doesn't get it confused with the copyright laws. The dates and times are put together at a reasonable distance from the contact information, and the location of the show is located at the top, since our eyes generally look to the top of a paper when reading.


Comments
Post a Comment