Photoshop Challenge
Photoshop Challenge
When I was first assigned the challenge, I knew that I wanted to do something other than masking his jacket into a landscape. I was inspired to include florals and add a modern look to the image. Originally, I wanted to do a black square outline with many different flowers and other nature components coming out of it. After beginning to create the image, I soon realized that my original plan would take me forever.
I started the assignment with the black outline, which took a while to figure out how to make. The square itself took a whole day for me, as well as figuring out how to work photoshop without someone guiding me. While creating the square, I noticed that with all of the floral images I downloaded, it was going to take me forever to individually insert them each into photoshop and edit them to my liking. I settled on the idea of adding a background to the inside of the square and masking it around the man.
To incorporate my blending mode changes, I quick selected the man's hair. This step was quite the challenge, because I could never get the hair outline to how I wanted it to look. With blending mode, it always seemed to take the shinier parts of his head and add take them out of the picture. At this point, I thought I was going to have to go in with the brush tool and carefully mask all of the white out of his hair, would would be super time-consuming. I finally got it to work, yet it still isn't quite to how I wanted it.
I added adjustment layers to both the inside and the outside of the square. On the outside, the brightness is turned down just a little bit so that the middle would pop more. On the inside, the brightness is also turned down so that the overall image would have a muted look.
In the end, I like how it turned out. Originally I wanted to make his jacket black, but I realized I liked it better by keeping it the same. I wanted to give the image a simple, clean look. Now, I think I definitely kept the look I was going for, and I wouldn't change a thing about the overall look of the photo.
To incorporate my blending mode changes, I quick selected the man's hair. This step was quite the challenge, because I could never get the hair outline to how I wanted it to look. With blending mode, it always seemed to take the shinier parts of his head and add take them out of the picture. At this point, I thought I was going to have to go in with the brush tool and carefully mask all of the white out of his hair, would would be super time-consuming. I finally got it to work, yet it still isn't quite to how I wanted it.
I added adjustment layers to both the inside and the outside of the square. On the outside, the brightness is turned down just a little bit so that the middle would pop more. On the inside, the brightness is also turned down so that the overall image would have a muted look.
In the end, I like how it turned out. Originally I wanted to make his jacket black, but I realized I liked it better by keeping it the same. I wanted to give the image a simple, clean look. Now, I think I definitely kept the look I was going for, and I wouldn't change a thing about the overall look of the photo.

Comments
Post a Comment