Diversity at ONW



Diversity at ONW

 For this assignment, my group decided to do our video about Diversity at Olathe Northwest. We thought that it may stick out and leave more of an impact than other feature stories. My group never really assigned certain roles for each other, but I think I was more of a cinematographer. We took one block day to film all of the interviews and another class period to do the b-roll. We didn't get enough b-roll, which would later make me struggle to complete it on time. 

         Editing is where I really struggled in this project. We didn't have enough b-roll so it was a process trying to figure out how to fill the empty space. It was all about making some clips longer and working with the clips that weren't necessarily the best in terms of lighting and focus. I turned this project in much later than the due date because of this, and it was definitely a learning experience because for my current project that I'm working on, I got too much. So from this, I learned a "having more b-roll than you need" philosophy. As for working with technology, I think that this project was pretty easygoing except for the few crashes here and there. 

     On this project, I tried to make my intro a bit different than last time with more time in between my intro clips to show the significance of the school setting. I definitely learned my lesson when it comes to b-roll and I'll improve on that for future projects. Overall, I don't really like how this video turned out and I think that it had so much more potential that I didn't give to it. There are a couple of clips where the audio isn't muted, which made it look messier than my usual work, which I would go back and change. 
        
                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Semester of Video Production

First Semester of Junior Year Graphic Design Reflection

High School Movie Trailer