Watercolor Transfer Prints

Watercolor Transfer Print

         First, I created a new project in Photoshop that had measurements of 8x11. Then, I chose the two projects that I wanted to use. I chose my second photoshop challenge, and my panorama. One had to be in black and white, so I chose the panorama since I knew that it had more white accents, which would allow the watercolors to bleed through later on. I changed the sizes of the images to be 4x6 and placed them on the document with a decent amount of white border around them. Once I finished, I printed them. 

         Watercoloring was my favorite part of the process, since we were able to talk to others while we painted. There were no constraints to what we painted, which made it more fun since we weren't following a tutorial. I tried to match the color scheme to my photoshop challenge image, but on my panorama I just started to experiment with different colors. 

         After waiting overnight to allow the watercolors to dry, I moved on to pressing the prints. We had to apply mod podge to the ink on our images, and place them in the center of our watercolor paper. Then, we squeegeed any excess air bubbles out of the affected area. We then waited another 24 hours to allow them to dry again. 

          This next step in the process was definitely the most difficult for me. I didn't do the best job getting all of the air bubbles out of the image, which caused problems for me on the second day. We used water to get rub away at the excess paper, revealing that the ink successfully soaked into the paper. I wasn't the best at this, and accidentally began to take off the edges of the printed image. It took me two days to fully rid the whole image of left behind paper, and I think they could've turned out way better than they did. The water we used to get rid of the paper smeared the original watercolor paints, leading it to look messy. At the end, we were left with a complete transfer print. Overall, I didn't really like how it turned out, and I should've gone a bit slower on the paper removal process.




         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Semester of Video Production

High School Movie Trailer

First Semester of Junior Year Graphic Design Reflection