Photoshop Tutorials





Photoshop Tutorials

Going into this project, I had very little knowledge of photoshop. I thought that the tutorials wouldn't be too hard, but that turned out to be wrong as I got into the project. I had seen the tools we used in the tutorials before, but only in e9 where we only opened photoshop a few times. The tools weren't too hard to use but the difficulty to use them varied with the prompt. From this assignment, I learned a new set of photoshop skills that will definitely be useful throughout the school year.

Content-Aware Fill

Through the first set of photoshop tutorials, I learned how to use the content-aware fill tool. I discovered that the tool takes the coloring from it's surroundings and replaces the object you're trying to cover. This first tutorial was the easiest for me to complete, as the lighting previously in the image didn't take up much space. Which, made it easy to get rid of.


Displaying back_drop.jpg


The Patch Tool


Here, I used the patch tool to remove an unwanted design from the man's shirt. The patch tool is used to fix large blemishes by selecting the unwanted spots and using their surrounding areas. This tool can be useful for getting rid of unnecessary logos, brands, or other blemishes. 


Displaying father_daughter.jpg

The Clone Stamp

The clone stamp allows you to duplicate part of an image to cover up another. Things that can be covered up are dirt and blemishes on the face. This photo originally had the subject covered with dirt all over his face, but the clone stamp helped remove the dirt and make it appear like it was never there at all. I liked using this tool the most because it produced the most natural-looking product out of all of my work.
Displaying dylan.jpg

Healing Brush Tool and Spot Healing Brush

Removing the tag was one of the most time-consuming parts of this set of the tutorials. I spent a lot of time trying to get the coloring right, but it didn't come out quite as I wanted it to. The healing brush allows you to fix imperfections such as blemishes and blends them with the area surrounding it. The spot healing brush, on the other hand, it a method of cloning from any area of the image to blend together the target area.
Displaying tiffany.jpg

The Portrait Collage

This part of the project took me forever to complete. I ran into a whole bunch of problems such as my photoshop crashing, my computer freezing, and layers deleting themselves. But, I think that the collage overall turned out great. I used all of the new tools together for the finished project, each having their own difficulties. Out of all of the tools in photoshop, the "step backward" option was probably my best friend while working on this assignment. Overall I think the collage was my best work out of all of my practice work.


Displaying girl in black new.jpg




Other Images:

Displaying logo_removal.jpg
Displaying shaun.jpg
Displaying annika_and_i.jpg
                                                              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Semester of Video Production

First Semester of Junior Year Graphic Design Reflection

High School Movie Trailer