Self Portrait Video
Self-Portrait Video
The Adventures of Layne and Holly
For my self-portrait, I chose to include myself playing with my dog, Holly. We got Holly about five years ago when my previous dog passed away, after my cousins adopted her brother. Ever since, a lot of my free time around the house is spent with Holly, so I thought she would be the perfect way to represent myself.
Setting up the camera was a challenge because everything was soaking wet since my video was filmed between downpours. I finally found a spot eventually, but it was on an extremely thin surface where my phone would likely fall off. I made it work though, and managed to get the framing I wanted. The lighting wasn't quite what I wanted, but with the gray skies on Sunday, I knew I wouldn't be able to get normal lighting.
Ultimately, I hope for my viewers to gain an understanding of just how much of my time goes into playing with the dog so she won't be annoying at night time. Originally on Sunday morning, I was planning on going to the Meadow Lane playground, but the weather wasn't permitting. I overcame this challenge by instead filming in my backyard. Overall, what I learned from the process of creating my self-portrait was to find better lighting before filming and to plan ahead so that my original plans aren't ruined by weather or other problems.
Ultimately, I hope for my viewers to gain an understanding of just how much of my time goes into playing with the dog so she won't be annoying at night time. Originally on Sunday morning, I was planning on going to the Meadow Lane playground, but the weather wasn't permitting. I overcame this challenge by instead filming in my backyard. Overall, what I learned from the process of creating my self-portrait was to find better lighting before filming and to plan ahead so that my original plans aren't ruined by weather or other problems.
Comments
Post a Comment