Ball Bounces Animation
Ball Bounce Animation
For this project, we were assigned to create three animations of a ball bouncing on the screen. The first was the typical up and down, the second was to the side, and for the third, we were able to get creative on what the ball would do in the scene.
As we got started on the first animation, I quickly met challenges with the coloring of the ball and getting it to bounce smoothly. Luckily, I was able to get help from those sitting near me for a better final product. After we completed the first third of the project, we could move on to step two, the side bounce. The second bounce was probably the most difficult for me, because it required making the ball go faster heading downward, and slower on top of the ball's arc. The main struggle having to go back and fix things that affected the entire final product. In the first downward arc, the ball went straight down in a few of the frames, and I had to go all the way back to fix it. The last bounce, the surprise, was the easiest, since I now had some experience in animating the bounces.
Along the way. I learned about the basics of animation, and how even the small details matter in the finished copy of an animation. I also learned more about photoshop in general, since I had never used the software before. From a professional standpoint, I've taken away that patience is key in creating a good outcome.
There are only small details. such as adding more frames to make it smoother, that I would change about this project, since the details themselves make up the big picture. For my next project, I'll look at the overall product more often as I'm creating the animation.
![]() |
| Ball Bounce |
![]() |
| Side Bounce |



Comments
Post a Comment