My Logo
Overview
For this project, we were asked to create a logo that reflects ourselves. Each shape and color had to come together for one overall meaning. Beforehand, we watched some videos for inspiration and design help. Then we would sketch some ideas and decide on three of our favorites. The next day, we could sit down at the computers and start to create a black and white copy. Once we were approved on our original designs, we could move onto the color process, where we would select which color scheme best fit our logo. Finally, we would tailor the final copy of the logo.
How It Went
I started out with no visual idea of what I was going to do. My original shape idea was a circle with a cursive "L" inside, which at the beginning, I really liked and thought about using. But, as I moved along in the design process, I realized that I had other ideas that were even better and had more potential. While I was sketching, I happened to look up at the screen, and my teacher had a picture of mountains on the board for a split second while he was scrolling. After, I quickly drew a quick sketch of two triangles overlapping with a sun in the background, and a banner over the top that said my name. Although I knew that this one was the one that I wanted to use, I made other, with a circle with a cursive "L", like the beginning, and I alternated long and short lines around the circle. When I got my designs approved by peers and my teacher, they all seemed to be interested in my mountain design. The next day when we got to use the computers, I quickly finished the simple design of the mountains. The challenge, though, was handwriting my name in the center. I would regret this later though, as I took too much time writing it in black when it actually had to write it in white. Later I would make the black and white design simpler.
When my design was given the OK, I forgot to test color schemes, and moved straight to a gray and white color scheme without thinking about other options. The people seated around me really liked it, and I was happy with it originally.
As I continued, I realized that I needed to use other color schemes so that I could see other options before finishing.
After doing so, I determined that the green looked better than my original idea, and I edited the first copy.
In the end, I think that my logo looked the best it could be, and I wouldn't go back and change it if I could.
What I've Learned
From this assignment, I've learned to use plenty of new tools on Illustrator, as well as taking peer suggestions for a better product. Also, that things don't need to be perfect the first time through, which seems to be an everyday struggle.
Why I Chose Certain Shapes and Colors
I chose the circle in the background to convey a positive message, and since I'm a pretty positive person, I thought this associated well. The orange is brighter compared the the dark triangles, bringing some contrast to the logo. And lastly, the triangles represent stability, because I can be a trusted "company."





Comments
Post a Comment