Typography

Overview

For this assignment, we were asked to create a typography "guide" using our names typed in a serif font. From there, we could access a typeface parts directory to help with the creation of our labels. These labels would point out the specific pieces of our names that created the font. All together, the finished product would create the overall anatomy of a typeface.

What I've Learned

As I was creating this project, I slowly realized how many specific parts of a word have to go into making a font. This time around on Adobe Illustrator, I learned to use both the art board and paintbrush tools. When I was about halfway through the project, I realized that since my name was a bit shorter, and I wasn't going to get all of the 10 required typefaces by only pointing out the ones on the outsides of letters. To resolve this problem, I discovered the brush feature and filled in the inside of the A. It was easier than I thought, since the tool automatically would make my lines perfectly round. Toward the end, I also found the art board feature when the overall size of my board was too big.

How It Went

Overall, I think the creation of this project went well. There was only really one slip up when I accidentally clicked "don't save" when using the brush feature. Nevertheless, it was nothing that couldn't be easily fixed, and I only had to replace three labels and the actual fill on the A. I did have to hold back on using too much color though, as when I took a step back, it was way too much going on at once. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Semester of Video Production

First Semester of Junior Year Graphic Design Reflection

High School Movie Trailer