Chase Scene



When we were asked to create a chase scene concept, I completely blanked.  It was difficult to think of a creative way to use a school setting, other than simply just going to my locker. After I got with my group, we slowly started to develop the story for our foot-chase. One of my group members was interested in having a "demon possessed villian." Somehow, that evolved into a "killer chases the innocent."

Quickly after having our brainstorm, we scouted locations throughout ONW before realizing that starting at the woods Southeast of the school would make a great establishing shot. One of my group members was absent, so we weren't able to hear his opinion on the location on that same day. When he returned, we were able to decide on the locations of the chase.

On the day of filming, we decided that I would direct, two of my other group members would act, and another would be the cinematographer. Deciding on these roles was easy, and it took under a minute for everyone to claim their roles. If I were to make a change to the filming process, I would have filmed it all on the first day we filmed, since it was so gloomy outside. Our challenges were minimal, if you count our lack of a plastic knife, so we had to use a spoon and a fork, which added humor. The ground was also wet, so there were some slips while running.

Editing went well, and it was funny to watch all of the clips over again. Since I started the film portion of e9, I've learned how to focus on the smaller details to make the entire project better. Next year, I hope to continue in film as I enjoyed this unit.

Collaboratively, my team got along extremely well and there were very few disagreements along the way. The fact that we were all able to get along benefitted the outcome of the project, in my opinion. I wouldn't change a thing about my team or how the project turned out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Semester of Video Production

First Semester of Junior Year Graphic Design Reflection

High School Movie Trailer